• pl
  • en


Travelling on the basis of a residence card issued by a Governor (Wojewoda)

If your residence card is still valid, you can travel to and stay in Schengen countries for a period not exceeding 90 days within each 180-day period, if:

– you have a valid travel document;
– you can justify the purpose and conditions of the planned stay;
– you have sufficient funds to cover your living expenses or have the possibility to obtain such means in accordance with law;
– your data are not included in the Schengen Information System for the purposes of refusal of entry;
– you are not considered as a person who may pose a threat to the public order, public security or international relations

Once you submit the application for a new residence permit, you need to remember that the stamp in your passport is only a proof of submission of the application to the Voievodship Office and you are not allowed to travel to the countries other than the country of origin on the basis of this stamp. In case you travel back to your country of origin while your residence permit procedure is still ongoing, you can re-enter the territory of Poland only on the basis of new visa, which will authorize your entry.

Remember that several countries in the European Union are not part of the Schengen Zone. These countries are : Cyprus, Bulgaria, Ireland, Romania, Great Britain and Croatia


Partners and Sponsors

  • Law firm Paulina Walczuk
  • Beck
  • EEA Grants
  • EFS
  • RTVeuroAGD
  • FLOP
  • HFPC
  • Kapitał Ludzki
  • Kurier Lubelski
  • Lubelski klub biznesu
  • PFDiM
  • Radio Lublin
  • Lbn miasto inspiracji
  • LUW
  • MSW
  • CPP Halina Nieć
  • NPI
  • Obywatel i Prawo
  • PBA
  • Politechnika Lubelska
  • SATC
  • SIP
  • UM Lublin
  • UMCS
  • UNDP
  • Paulina Walczuk Kancelaria
  • Wydział Prawa i Adm UW
  • ADF
  • migra-team
  • Europens blog
  • MOPR Lublin
  • Study in Lublin
  • UDSC
  • WSSMiKS Chełm
  • Ordo Iuris
  • CEE
  • Miasto Lublin
  • Jagiellonian Law Society
  • UE
  • FIO
  • Fundacja im. Stefana Batorego
  • Polsko-Amerykańska Fundacja Wolności
  • KUL
  • Instytut Spraw Publicznych
  • Urząd Marszałkowski Województwa Lubelskiego w Lublinie